What is it? A virtual classroom where teachers can set work for students to complete or hand in online. The work can be marked and returned to the student. Students can communicate with their teachers and classmates for help and support.
What you need: An internet enabled device with a web browser, e.g. Chrome, Safari et.
For phones and tablets download the Google Classroom App from the app store.
Login details: Sign in with your School Google ID.
Your school Google ID looks like a school email address, but it is not connected to an email account.
Password: Contact school to reset password.
Join a Classroom: Once logged in you will arrive at the Classroom home page. You will see classes you have joined, classes you have been invited to (click accept to join) or you can join with a classcode – click on the + symbol in the top right and enter the code.
Find your classcode here or contact the school.
Help and Support: visit the Classroom help page.
Google Classroom Guidelines for students
- Work will be posted on Google Classroom prior to the lesson for you to complete if you are absent.
- Teachers will post homework assignments on Google Classroom.
- You can access the work that you need to complete by clicking on the ‘To-do’ button within Google Classroom – this allows you to see all of your work by due date.
- You can write comments on Google Classroom if you need help with the work or you could have a conversation with the teacher in class.
- All comments should remain professional and be about the work that has been set.
- Staff may not respond to your questions outside of the working day.
- You should not be posting messages late at night – go to bed!
What is it? 600+ video lessons covering every skill, in depth, with 40,000+ bespoke questions for assessment.
What you need: An internet enabled device with a web browser, e.g. Chrome, Safari, IE etc.
Login details: From the student login page, there are three steps to logging in:
Search for Weatherhead
Enter your first name, surname and date of birth
When you first logged in to HegartyMaths, you set your own password. If you cannot remember this password, click on the ‘forgotten your password’ link to request your teacher to reset it. Your maths teacher will get the message the next time they log in to HegartyMaths themselves, so don’t leave homework until the last minute.
Help and Support: visit the Hegarty Maths help page.
What is it? Digital Access to Science lessons, resources and assessments.
What you will need: An internet enabled device with a web browser, e.g. Chrome, Safari, IE etc.
Login details: You will need your Username, Password and the Institute Code.
This is your date of birth and your initials e.g. 190320wh
When you first log in, use your date of birth and your initials. The password is case sensitive so you will need to use lower case letters e.g. 190320wh. You will be prompted to change your password.
gru0 (the last digit is a zero)
Help and support: visit the kerboodle Student Support page.
Subject: Spanish, French
What is it? Learn a language with thousands of video clips of real native speakers. Fun and effective games to practice your skills.
Login details: Students log in with their school Google ID or using their personal email address (students aged 13+).
Your email address
1. To login with your school Google ID (looks like an email address) on a web browser click the blue ‘login with Google’ button. Don’t use the email field unless you’re signing in with your personal email address. To log in from the app for the first time, select your school Google ID from the list of accounts on your device or click add new user.
2. You will be directed to a Google login page which says ‘Sign in Continue to Memrise’. In the email field, enter your school Google ID: YourSchoolComputerUsername@whsstudent.co.uk
3. Enter your password. If you are using your school Google ID for the first time use the default password.
What is it? Access to over 70,000 interactive activities and revision tasks for KS3 and 4.
What you will need: You can log in to SAM Learning from virtually any device that connects to the Internet including desktop computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones, Xbox One Web Browser and PlayStation 4 Web.
Login details: You will need the school Centre ID, and your User ID and password.
This is your date of birth and your initials e.g. 190320WH
This is your date of birth and your initials until you change it. The password is case sensitive so you will need to use capital letters e.g. 190320WH
Help and support: visit the SAM Learning Help Centre.