Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND)
Weatherhead’s SEND Team provides personalised support for students with a range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and strives to meet every student’s individual needs. We work closely with students, their parents/carers and external agencies to ensure students are actively supported and included in decision-making, so they can ultimately achieve their ambitions and the best possible educational outcomes.
This page is here to guide students and their parents/carers to key information, advice, help and support.
Meet the Team
Our SEND team is based in the school’s dedicated SEND hub in room E107. The hub comprises of student workstations, a formal meeting space with table and chairs and an informal seating area with sofas and beanbags.
- Mr Morris is Director of SEND and designated teacher for children in care.
- Mrs Slater, provides Administrative Support for SEND and children in care.
- Mrs James is the SEND Administrator.
Click here to contact a member of the team.
Parent and Carer Advice and Support
In addition to scheduled appointments, Mr Morris, Director of SEND, is available for drop-ins at Form Tutor Parent Evenings and dedicated SEND Parent drop-ins – no appointment necessary! The spring term drop-ins are:
- Thursday 13th February – Year 12 Parents’ Evening, 4pm-8pm
- Wednesday 26th February drop-in, 4pm-6pm
- Thursday 5th March – Year 7 Parents’ Evening, 4pm-8pm
- Thursday 12th March – Year 8 Parents’ Evening, 4pm-8pm
Student Support Sessions
In addition to the extra-curricular curriculum and pastoral support sessions, our Teaching Assistants deliver activities specifically for students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. Click here for the lunchtime and afterschool timetables.
Support sessions for ADHD and ASC are open to students with the condition but also students who are experiencing the condition via a family member:
- ‘Students living with ADHD’ meets on the first Thursday of each month at 1pm in E107.
- ‘Students living with ASC’ meets on the second Thursday of each month at 1pm in E017.
Contact the SEND Team
Director of SEND:
SEN/LAC Admin Officer:
Higher Level Teaching Assistants:
Mrs Duffy, Dyslexia & Literacy Support
Mrs Daly, Learning Zone
0151 631 4400 x263