School Vision and Aims
Weatherhead to be one of the best schools in the country, renowned for its academic and teaching excellence and outstanding student support. To have an inclusive community based on mutual respect that instils a world class ambition in all its students, no matter what their background.
- To provide high levels of exceptional and consistent practice within a rich, innovative and inclusive curriculum.
- To ensure that high quality teaching and learning is at the heart of everything we do.
- To provide a relevant, stimulating learning experience that develops all Weatherhead students’ enquiring minds, enriched by an extensive extra-curricular programme which rewards and enables them to reach their goals beyond the classroom.
- To encourage and develop self-confidence, resilience and self-discipline. To ensure that each student is equipped with the skills to follow their aspirational pathway, attaining the highest possible standards to secure their future economic wellbeing.
- To provide a safe, caring and stable environment where students are encouraged to make a positive contribution to the community.
- To enable Weatherhead students to develop an awareness and understanding of the needs of others, promoting respect within the school, together with the local, national and international community.
- To provide all staff and students with extensive leadership opportunities and use our Leadership Development Programme to ensure outstanding leadership training and professional development.
- To use our status as a teacher training provider to benefit the wider education community.
- To maintain outstanding governance that holds the school to account, ensuring critical strategic vision that empowers students and staff.