Virtual Open Week
Here's what's happening this week...
Thank you for joining us for our Sixth Form Virtual Open Week.
Applying to study Level 3 qualifications in Sixth Form is an important decision for every student; being able to get a sense of Sixth Form life here at Weatherhead, finding out about what we offer and hearing from our Sixth Form students is an excellent first step in making the right choice.
The Sixth Form Virtual Open Week section of our website includes:
- A presentation from Miss Whelan, Headteacher
- A presentation from Miss Byrne, Director of Sixth Form
- ‘Meet the Team’ videos from the dedicated Sixth Form Team
- Links to several student led videos, outlining various aspects of life at Weatherhead Sixth Form
- Subject specific information videos from Key Stage 5 specialist teachers
- An electronic version of our Sixth Form Prospectus
In addition to the resources that will be available via our website, Miss Byrne, Director of Sixth Form, will be delivering live assemblies to all Year 11 students on Monday 16th November and Thursday 19th November to explain the application process and to answer questions related to any aspect of Sixth Form life. Throughout the week, Year 11 lessons will have a specific 30-minute level 3 ‘taster’ session and students will be provided with the opportunity to ask any specific subject related questions they may have.
We do hope that browsing through this information, and watching the videos, will mean that you find lots of interesting and useful information about life at Weatherhead Sixth Form.
In the meantime, should you have any queries or concerns regarding Sixth Form, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Sixth Form Team.
Prospectus and Course Guide
Secure YOUR SUCCESS at A Level
● Excellent results across all subjects: – A Level- 87% A*- C and 60% A*-B – BTEC- 96% Dist*- Dist and 100% Dist*-Merit – Tech Level- 88% A*-B and 100% A*-E
● A Level, BTEC and Level 2 courses across a wide range of subjects
● One of the largest mixed Sixth Forms on the Wirral
● Outstanding teaching by highly qualiﬁ ed, enthusiastic staff
● National award-winning leadership specialism
● Excellent one-to-one support from a specialist Sixth Form team
● Personalised higher education and career guidance
● Scholars’ Programme to extend students in preparation for Russell Group and Oxbridge university applications
● Broad range of local, national and international experiences to enrich Post-16 study and personal development
● State of the art facilities
● Transport links from all over the Wirral
Meet the Sixth Form Team
Meet Our Students
Subjects at Sixth Form
Expand this section to watch subject specific information videos from our KS5 specialist teachers.
Want to know more about a subject?
Our library of subject specific resources, designed to prepare students joining our sixth form, can help you explore a subject in more detail.
This table shows the new UCAS Tariff Points for some popular qualifications.
|Extended Project Qualification||AS level||A level||New Tariff points||BTEC Subsidiary Diploma||BTEC Certificate|