The Year 7 residential will run from Wednesday 11th July to Friday 13th July 2018.
Please read the following information clearly to ensure your daughter is fully prepared for the visit.
Departure and Return
Coaches will depart Weatherhead at 10.00am and are due to arrive at the centre at 12.00pm.
Students will return to school on Friday 13th July 2018 at approximately 3.00pm. Students will not be dismissed from school until the 3.20pm bell.
Please ensure your daughter is collected from school on time or ensure that she is fully aware of how she will get home if she is not being collected.
- Slippers/indoor shoes
- Wash kit (soap, shampoo, toothbrush and paste etc)
- Water bottle
- Flask for days out in colder weather
- Cap or sun hat
- Sun cream, high factor and waterproof
- Plastic bags for damp clothes/footwear or washing
- Footwear that will get wet (old trainers/ wellingtons)
- Fleece/sweatshirt x2
- T-shirts x 2
- Tracksuit bottoms, not jeans (jeans are not suitable as they are cold and heavy when wet)
- Warm hat and gloves
- Change of warm clothes for after session
- Trunks/swimming costume (wet activities)
- Art shirt/apron for art sessions
- Camera (disposable and waterproof recommended)
- Sunscreen (high factor)
- Scrunchies/ties for long hair
- Reading book
- Pocket money: £5 maximum
The Centre will provide:
- Waterproof tops and bottoms where appropriate
- All equipment for activities e.g. harnesses, helmets etc
- Drying rooms where clothes can, if hung up properly, dry out overnight
PLEASE DO NOT BRING:
- They may get lost or broken
- Mobile phones
- They are distracting and annoying in sessions/lessons etc
- Provision for emergency calls is provided
- Novelty ‘big’ slippers they are a trip hazard on the stairs
- Aerosols of any kind Deodorant, hairspray, body spray etc
- They can set off the fire alarms which are necessarily sensitive
These are suggestions made by the centre. This is not supposed to be a definitive list, and will require adjustment to suit the weather and your activities. How many of the items to bring will depend upon the length of your stay and your activities. The longer the stay and the more activities undertaken the more clothes that will get wet and dirty.
Spending Money and Valuables (don’t bring valuables)
The residential centre has stipulation that students are NOT allowed to take their mobile phones, tablets, iPods etc.
Students may take a hairdryer but are not permitted to take any other electricals, including hair straighteners. Students should NOT take items which are valuable, e.g. jewellery, as they will be responsible for their possessions.
Personal possessions are NOT covered by the centre’s insurance. Each floor of bedrooms is closed and has an alarm but individual bedrooms are not locked. When packing, please bear in mind the potential weather conditions we might experience and that your daughter will have to carry her own luggage. In addition, your daughter may wish to bring clothing suitable for the disco on the second evening.
Students will have some time in an allocated social room or their bedroom when they will have the chance to relax so should bring some appropriate activities such as books, magazines, cards and perhaps small board games (nothing valuable or electric).
Weatherhead High School
8.00am – 5.30pm
T: 0151 631 4400
8.00am – 6.00pm
T: 01248 714 501
In the event of an emergency